An easy, elegant dinner for any season
Monday, Sep. 6, 2021
Taking things up a notch for your soon-to-be in-laws, the neighbours you want to impress or other special people in your life is totally doable (and just as easy!) with some choice products and a few hacks. Here’s an easy, impressive lineup that makes entertaining a cinch.
Bonus: You won’t have to watch the weather forecast as you plan this meal. Most of these dishes are grill-friendly, so they’re great for alfresco entertaining, but they also heat up beautifully in the oven if it looks like rain (or snow!). Just check the instructions on the box to see all of our flexible options.
Start off with a little something
Grill up some elegant apps to begin your meal. Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Shooters® are a fun starter, because they add a little kick to your feast. They’re stuffed with tangy cream cheese and wrapped in irresistible, crisp bacon, so they disappear quickly — and they’re frozen in a handy foil tray that you can slide right onto the grill or into the oven for ultimate convenience. Bacon Wrapped Scallops are other worthy contenders, made with tender, subtly sweet, sustainably sourced seafood. Grill up one — or all — of them for some tasty finger foods guests can enjoy while admiring your backyard flowers (or your latest photo collection).
These bites make excellent cocktail toppers, too. Stir up a traditional Caesar (with or without vodka) and garnish with one (or a few) of these bacon-wrapped treats.
Serve a show-stopping main
Easy Shrimp Paella comes together in a flash but looks extra-impressive. Toothsome rice, tender and succulent shrimp, flavourful sausage and sweet green peas make for an irresistible dish — trust us, it’ll be on your entertaining rotation from now on. The fact that it’s so simple to put together can be our little secret. Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven broiler to high (500°F/260°C).
- Spread 1 package Garlic Shrimp in a single layer, meat side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil in a deep ovenproof skillet over medium heat on the stovetop. Add contents of 1 package Spanish Rice to skillet. (Tip: For even more authentic ingredients, add 1/3 cup (75 mL) each thawed green peas and sliced fully cooked Oktoberfest Sausages to skillet along with Spanish Rice package contents.) Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often to mix components into sauce.
- Reduce heat to low. Remove Garlic Shrimp from oven and arrange, meat side up, on top of rice in skillet. Cover and cook, without stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes more.
- Uncover and garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges to squeeze overtop.
Don’t forget dessertCanadian-grown Northern Spies steal the show in these Caramel Apple Blossoms®, but the creamy caramel sauce and tender pastry tie for second place. These tasty little packages are super handy for outside dining, because you can heat them up on the grill over indirect heat. Serve them à la mode with a scoop (or two) of your favourite vanilla ice cream.
SK from Edmonton Thursday, Jan. 20, 2022
would buy your products more often if their salt content was cut WAY down. Let people add tons more at home if they want to cauterize their taste buds! Those of us who need to/should minimize their sodium intake CAN’T remove it, so we do our best to avoid high sodium prepared foods. You could say you are cutting way back on salt for your customer’s health because you care about them, which would make you look good!