Penne Pasta Salad
10 mins or less
The pasta is al dante NOT mushy which was my concern. And it is exactly what you would expect in an Italian restaurant.. We loved it!
One of the best frozen pastas I've had
Yes, the pasta is al dente like the below reviewer said, but that's how pasta is meant to be eaten. The sauce tastes like it's homemade, as if I made it myself (but this is much less work). I did eat it warm, so I can't comment on how it would be cold as a salad. Out of the meals I have tried from M&M (lasagna, pad thai, cabbage rolls, canneloni, chicken burrito bowl), this is by far the best quality and best tasting one.
Delicious pasta kit. High quality and very tasty. It is also extremely easy to make. It comes out appearing as if you put a lot of work into it, almost feel guilty.
penne pasta salad
it was excellent.Perhaps a bigger bag to serve for company
Penne pasta salad
Absolutely fantastic! A terrrific side for as nany as 4 people, and since I am single, I make one meal with an accompanying meat, & save balance for another meal! A very economical side dish as well as healthy. Love it!
Quick and yummy
Makes enough for 2 lunches for my vegetarian daughter. Quick to make in the morning to send in a thermos to school.
I would give it negative stars
The pasta is so al dente, I cooked it and cooked it and it just stayed.. tough. Imagining the havoc this would cause internally, I tossed it into the trash. If you love your pasta with the chew of toffee, then I definitely recommend it.
Precooked Penne Pasta (Water, Durum Wheat Semolina, Salt), Red Onions, Red And Yellow Bell Peppers, Semi-Dry Cherry Tomatoes, Broccoli, Water, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic, Wine Vinegar, Chilli Peppers, Basil, Potato Flakes, Corn Flour, Sea Salt, Rice Starch, Concentrated Grape Must, Oregano, Parsley, Sunflower Seed Oil. May Contain: Barley, Oats, Spelt, Soy.
|Per (Per 1 1/4 cup (133g))|
|Amount||% Daily Value*|
|+ Trans 0.0g|
PREPARE FROM FROZEN.
STOVETOP: (for best results)
- For best results, use non-stick medium size skillet with lid.
- Preheat skillet on LOW.
- Cut open bag and add contents to skillet with 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil, cover with lid and increase heat to MEDIUM.
- Cook for 3 minutes, remove lid and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to mix components into sauce.
- Remove from burner and let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
MICROWAVE (1000 WATTS):
- Do not pierce or perforate bag.
- Place bag on microwave safe dish, seam side up.
- Heat on high 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let stand 30 seconds. CAUTION: Bag will be hot.
- Carefully remove bag from microwave, holding edges.
- Open bag and transfer contents into dish.
- Stir before serving.